garymail

MT has produced 2 governors, both from the Check Republic. The last 6 years, they have been manufactured by Avian. They are now up to a -7 update, however most prior to the -7 and even some of the -7's will fail at around 600 hours due to known internal problems. These include the pilot valves and the fly weights. Most governor shops prefer to send them back to florida (MT) for update and overhaul, as parts and updated OH info is not always forthcomming. The price of the OH is about $800.00. the price of the Hartzell ( brand new) from Vans is $1250. I decided not to throw good money after bad, and elected to purchase the Hartzell ( Cadilac of governors). I feared that after spending $800 on the MT, I would be faced with the same problem in a few hundred hours. If you want any more info, please contact me at [email protected]

Regards,

Gary Brown

Prop governor

Jihostroj quit making governors for MT about 6 years ago, they are now made by Avian. My opinion? Get a Hartzell, woodward, or a mccauley. All the others have had their share of problems, and seldom go to TBO.

Regards,

Gary Brown