Phil

Well Known Member
Well sorta. I've got a few more hours of inventory work. But the big green truck stopped in front of the house today. :)

Phil

FP15082007A0003Q.jpg

FP15082007A0003R.jpg

FP15082007A0003S.jpg

congratulations!!!

Welcome aboard.

Just a word of advice-----------label the bags as you inventory them. Most of the aluminum stock is pretty identifiable, but the bags are not. It is much easier to find a bag labeled "round head rivet, #4x6" than looking for the list so you can go and find bag #1234.

Even better is to use clear containers like a few have posted.

Time spent at this point will return ten times the investment later.

Good luck

Last edited:
Ahh those photos bring back memories of unwrapping parts and having about a mile of kraft paper to send to the recyclers! Welcome. :)

Thanks!!

If you look at the second photo, you'll see my workbench in the back.

If you look closely, you can see three clear mini-drawer cabinets. I managed to go through all the baggies last night and get them put away in appropriate labeled drawers! Tedious......

Phil said:
I managed to go through all the baggies last night and get them put away in appropriate labeled drawers! Tedious......

You will thank yourself later.

Best tip I got

Tim Olsen gave me the best tip I got when I began, and that was to order extra rivets. in the most popular sizes, and to also order the Oops rivets. Unless you live in a community where you can pick up rivets the same day, this will save you considerable time, as Van's in not overly generous with their rivet count.

Last edited: