vonjet

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,
Im in need of alternator and Im not sure which model my electrical system will require. 40 amp or 60amp.
I have an all electric 12v system. Dual GRT EFIS screens and EIS.
Tru Trak Autopilot, Landing Gear Pump, Flap Motor, Landing LIghts, Nav/Strobe. Garmin 340 Audio, Garmin 327 Transponder, Dual ICOM a200 coms.
I also plan ot use a back up SD-8 alternator.
What main alternator would work for this system?

Thanks
Bryan

Alternator

Hi Everyone,
Im in need of alternator and Im not sure which model my electrical system will require. 40 amp or 60amp.
I have an all electric 12v system. Dual GRT EFIS screens and EIS.
Tru Trak Autopilot, Landing Gear Pump, Flap Motor, Landing LIghts, Nav/Strobe. Garmin 340 Audio, Garmin 327 Transponder, Dual ICOM a200 coms.
I also plan ot use a back up SD-8 alternator.
What main alternator would work for this system?

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan:

Someone will probably beat me to it, but this has been discussed many times on the forums. Go with the B&C 60 Amp externally regulated. (most expensive but probably the best). Next would be the Plane Power 60Amp.

Learn to use the "Search" feature of these forums which might save you a lot of time, as a lot of knowledge and info are already here just waiting to be re-discovered!!!!!!!!!:D

60 amps it is

Well I dont know my load amount so I think I will just play it safe and go with the 60amp.

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan,

The one major advantage to going with the 60 amp alternator is that should you add to your your load, you won't have to upgrade the alternator.