Fearless

Well Known Member
Does anybody have any MS21071-L04 nutplates they could part with? I know Genuine Aircraft Hardware sells them but I only need 4 and you have to buy a pkg of 25 from them.

If I don't get any response I will just end up using #6 screws instead where I won't have any problems getting one leg nutplates.

I think I posted this exact question a few months back, but I can't seem to find the thread. Aircraft spruce has one-lug floating anchor nuts for #4 thread...
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/anchornuts.php
and this works fine. Another suggestion was just to cut one lug off a regular nutplate - given the relatively low torque of #4 screws one rivet should hold it fine while you put the screw in.

In a pinch you can also take a little chunk of like .125 Al & tap it. Then you can cut out a litttle plate any shape you want. Slow, but it can put threads in an odd spot.

ACS doesn't carry one lug in #4

Thanks Phillip but ACS doesn't carry the one lug in #4. I checked both ACS and Wicks before I posted. Cleveland Tools has the two lug model which is where I got the wingtip kit from originally. Looks like ACS only carrys the minature two lug not the MS21047-L04 one. Genuine Aircraft Hardware is the only place I found that has the one lug style in #4.

Thanks Phillip but ACS doesn't carry the one lug in #4

Read my reply again. ACS does carry the one lug FLOATING type with 4-40 thread (F2000 MS21061), and this works just fine. You have to scroll down on the ACS page I linked to to see the floating ones.

Didn't think of that

Aerhed,

Didn't think of fabricating something on my own. I think I might have some scrap .125 that I may be able to work up something with. Good suggestion.

Sorry Phillip - you were right

Sorry Phillip - you were right - I didn't scroll down far enough and see the floating ones. I have to order some locknuts from ACS so I'll just add those to the order. I missed those when I was looking in the catalog last night as well. Next time I'll try to open my eyes wider.

Thanks guys

it's easy to miss stuff on the ACS site... what you see really depends on what you type in the search box, and they haven't done a good job of making sure their site cross-indexes equivalent terms. For e.g., to see all their nutplates, you have to type in the term "anchor nuts" in the box. For a while i never knew they had knife splices, because you only find them if you type in "knife disconnects".

#4 one lug nutplate source

Bon Aero is another source for "MS21061-L04" #4 floating one lug nutplates.

http://www.bonaero.com

From the inventory link, click on nuts and scroll down. You will find them. They don't have fancy on-line ordering but I have placed phone orders with them and gotten good service.

There must be a reason why they are not available, but I have never found a supplier of the standard one-lug MS21051 #4 nut plate