704CH

Well Known Member
I am wondering if there is a difference in smoke capability based on exhaust type. For example in the Pic that was used for the July Calendar. Is it possible that the RV on the top was a 4 pipe due to the more ?puff? like smoke from the ?single cylinder per pipe? ?

Just curious..

I am not necessarily talking about the pipes they smoke down there in California.. ;-)

July%252520Calendar%252520-%252520small.jpg

One injector in a four pipe system should put out 1/4 of the smoke of one injector is each of a two pipe system. Unless my thinking is wrong of course.

Chad, I am that guy in the photo "puffing". Team RV was performing in the "PDK Good Neighbor Day" Air Show. When I saw myself on the debrief video, I knew I had a problem. It was a plugged smoke injector. I have a "four into two" exhaust system with one injector in each stack about 6 inches from the exhaust exit. Works well when the injectors are clear :)

"Bones"
Team RV Airshows

That would be Charlie 'Bones' Plunkett doing his impersonation of the Geico Skytypers. It's morse code that says "Enough already, Kahua"!

One clogged injector looks very similiar.

Tony

smoke

two injectors in a crossover puts out a lot of smoke. Approximately 4 gallons used in 12 minutes. I had the injectors fairly close to the cylinders, can't remember the exact distance.I think the injectors were in the two rear cylinders, its been 20 years.