Chattin35

Well Known Member
So, I have a Vetterman four pipe exhaust on my YIO-360-M1B and I'm looking for thoughts / advice on how to route the hot air scat tube for the cabin heat muff.

As you can see from the pictures, the fuel line (drilled per Van's plans for fuel injected engines) sits right in the path. When installed, the scat tubing touches the fuel line -- which I'm not super stoked about.

It's the same issue if I try to route the tube around the fuel line to the pilots side of the plane.

Any ideas / advice? Re-drill the fuel line exit?

EThGYs1.jpg

dkFYA5s.jpg

4ENgHDJ.jpg

4XkF5Bv.jpg

Chris---whats the lower firesleeved hose? GROMMET in the firewall isnt safe, needs to be a steel bulkhead fitting.
tom

FWF

Hi Tom, the snap bushing you see a couple inches from the bottom is for the throttle cable -- also done according to Van's plans minus finalizing it with the second snap bushing and RTV (DWG19 & OP33). That's another area that doesn't sit well with me and I'll probably rework b/f flight.

If you have a better way, I'm all ears.

In fact, the entire FWF kit has left much to be desired compared to how smoothly the airframe went together. Missing or flat out incorrect documentation and parts that don't fit seems to be the norm. Not a single system has gone in without some kind of creativity. It's very frustrating and has probably added about 6 months to the build. But hey, I'm learning a ton :).

Edit: Ok, I think I've got something that is "good enough". Spoke too soon about not being able to route it around the pilot's side of the fuel line. Using some self-adhesive safety tape and high-temp zip ties, I was able to secure it to the engine mount with about 1/2'' clearance at the closest points on the fuel line. I'll keep a close eye on it after she runs and flies for the first time.

Here are some pics if anyone else is having the same problem:

h1DqEAv.jpg

eVOrRJf.jpg

FginB6R.jpg

Last edited: