Don Patterson

Well Known Member
I would like to put a 4 into one exhaust on my 7a but can't seem to find a manufacture. The routing of the exhaust around the nose wheel assembly seems to be a problem. I have seen other tri gear Experimental (not RV?s) with one large exhaust tube.

Hi Don, I have one of AWI's 4 into 1 exhaust but I have not flown yet so I don't know how well it will do. They had a version of the 4 into 1 up on their website at one time but have taken it down. The original exhaust they sent needed a couple of tweeks to make it fit. When it came back they had make a completely new design. I had to send it back for couple of minor tweeks and then it fit great. My engine is a TMX IOF-360 which is basically like an IO-360 M1 (Horizontal intake cool air sump). There is so many Lycoming engine configurations and a couple different cowlings for the 7A that it makes it difficult to fit the 4 into 1 but mine looks great. The collector on my exhaust is back at the exit of the cowl so I'm hoping it won't block too much of the air flow.

The AWI folks were great to work with and their workmanship is excellent.
AWI 1-800-597-4315

Danny
RV-7A

Danny: Thanks for the tip on AWI. I called them today and there not making any RV*a exhaust anymore because of the nose gear. It is just to much to work around they said. Although they told me that the president of Lycoming has there 4 into 1 on an 8a that he owns. I won't give up yet....I will keep searching the internet. Thanks again.
Don

Call Larry Vetterman

I'm pretty sure that Larry has a 4 into 1 setup for a -7A. Give him a call. 605-745-5932

Last year I worked with AWI trying to develop a 4- -1 for my 7A. After 3 or 4 tries, they gave up, at least for a while. There just was not enough room for the collector. They were good to work with and the quality was next to none. After all was said and done, I did get stuck with shipping cost for sending it back the last time.

Ned Rose
RV 7A
42TD

I called Larry Vetterman about exhaust system on my 7a and found that this guy knows his stuff. He not only builds, but flight tests systems to determine there performance. He will build you a system that won't leave you stranded at some ramp miles from home. My purchase will be a Verrerman exhaust for my RV.

Don