Jeff A

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where to get K2000 type (one lug) platenuts for 4-40 screws? Does anyone know if they even exist? I've tried to search for K2000-04 and MS21051-L04 part numbers with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Skybolt...

...advertises on this website. Take a look as they do have several flavors of 4-40 nutplates.

Tom,

Thanks. Those will work perfectly. I'm working on a list of other needed hardware and I'll contact you shortly. Thanks again.

4-40 nutplates

Jeff,
Try a company called aircraft hardware They have lots of great hardware and their catalog is a great reference tool

Happy to help.

Tom,

Thanks. Those will work perfectly. I'm working on a list of other needed hardware and I'll contact you shortly. Thanks again.

They do work nicely. They are pretty small so with my Banana fingers I had to be patient with myself when installing them. At least they are not like the mini NAS version, they use 1/16th rivets and those are really a pain, especially in fiberglass. These use 3/32 rivets.

I used these on my rudder caps (top and bottom) to keep the wight down on a dynamic control surface. I will see if I have a pic I can post later.

One other suggestion, if you are going countersunk, use nas514 screws, the nutplates are pretty grippy and these work better due to they are a higher strength alloy and there is less tendency to strip the Phillips drive out on the screw.(also use a new #1 bit):cool:

Best wishes.