AX-O

Well Known Member
I used DI-NOC (carbon fiber look) to cover my instrument panel and now I need to find a way to label things. Has anyone found something that works well with the DI-NOC "carbon fiber" product. Thanks for any help.

One direction

Axel,

I'm struggling with the same thing. I put the same material on my instrument panel. Problem is, as I'm sure you know, the stuff has texture.

What I'd REALLY like to do is have some thin black anodized switch overlays made up with bright white labeling. I've been all over the web looking for that but have come up empty.

You can find someone to laser etch the stuff, but you end up with silver letters. Screen printing is pretty expensive to set up for a one off.

I've looked into having them done on black matt plastic, but I don't want them to be very thick, plus, I like the look of black anodizing.....

What to do, what to do.

I'm currently thinking about having the overlays printed on vinyl. That would probably look ok. The jury is still out, so if you come up with something, please post.

Here's a pic (a poor one) of my panel right now with paper cut outs of the overlays. Need to tweak them a bit yet, but this is the direction I'm going.

imagezyk.jpg

Can you use the rub on type of letters or is the texture to deep for that? I ask because there are products out there which allow you to print rub ons with your computer instead of being forced into the old "one letter at a time" routine.

Go to your local trophy shop. You will be amazed at what they can do now permanently printing on metal, and inexpensively. They do the design in the computer, any font or size. You will get some ideas. I had a engine controls label panel and n-number plaque made.