Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
This is not an advertisement nor is it a solicitation to sell anything. I just want to assess potential interest at this point.

I own a company that is one of the largest 3D laser engraving (we engrave 3D images inside optical crystal) companies in north America and we've been in business over 11 years now. For many years now, I've wondered if there would be any interest in 3D laser engraved crystal RV themed gifts and I'd like to get some feedback on this.

Our usual market is the promotional products industry and for that market we sell exclusively through distributors, but we also sell through the gift industry and for that we sell direct.

Some example products we could supply and for which I'd like to get some feedback (there are a lot more than these, but just to give an idea):

Crystal ornaments:
O-ROUND_zps94fc6c50.jpg

Crystal Wine Stoppers:
ws-round_zps1d0c1737.jpg

Crystal Cubes:
JEWEL_zpsf3c37750.jpg

We do it all here in TN. If there's enough interest, I'll set up a section of one of my online stores for RV gifts and become a paid advertiser here.

Thanks and look forward to your comments.

Mark, cool stuff------but I think you need to give some price range if you want decent feedback as to the interest out there.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

For the small stuff, ornaments, wine stoppers, cubes, etc, prices would be in the $20.00 range, probably $19.95 or so...perhaps less than that. We could do a VAF version of the ornament or wine stopper which would result in a donation to Doug and family. We can also do much larger blocks with custom 3D models of the different RV models custom engraved with N numbers, date of first flight, etc. We can also take photographs and convert them to 3D, so if someone had a photo of their plane they wanted engraved inside the glass, we could do that along with a textual inscription.

A long way around of saying, I can basically do almost anything.

Engraved ornament

I want an engraved ornament. My wife and I actually discussed this while putting up the tree. I would prefer the RV-8A ... but the logo on the 40th anniversary T-shirt/patch would work as well. Tim Pethel

I'd certainly be up for a wine stopper?or 2 and maybe a Christmas ornament. If I ever finish my 9A I'd like to talk to you more about a 3D etching.

We would buy an ornament or two. Oh, and a crystal ball that shows my -8 leading Bob's in a climb...with a word bubble over his canopy that says " Billiam, give me one"

:)