AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
Greetings, can anyone point me to or perhaps send me a solid model of the nose gear strut? Or, a 2D drawing depicting geometry would also be fine.

Thanks -

Tundra Nose Gear...works!!!

I noticed this video last week and was expecting someone to post it in the forums. If someone has, I've missed it.

Just skip the words and go directly to the 40 second mark. You don't need a narrative to appreciate that this nosegear works. I doubt very seriously it could get into a "polevault configuration."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDj9JHN14xM

I know this isn't what you asked for, nor do I know what you are working on, but one does have to admire this design.

Last edited:
Greetings, can anyone point me to or perhaps send me a solid model of the nose gear strut? Or, a 2D drawing depicting geometry would also be fine.

Thanks -

Hi Alex,

Do you have RV-6 plans? I only have preview plans, but DWG 45 has everything you would need to solid model the gear leg. The drawing is dated 3/22/99, so older plans might not have included this one. The drawing appears to be CAD.

Thanks, I will look at my 1993 vintage drawings.... I don't remember the detail of the nose gear strut, but maybe it is on those. Otherwise, I'll dig up a newer set.

Thanks, I will look at my 1993 vintage drawings.... I don't remember the detail of the nose gear strut, but maybe it is on those. Otherwise, I'll dig up a newer set.

I've got a newer set if you don't come across yours. Mine also has drawings for the updated fork as well - not sure if that'd be helpful or not.