LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
There's no subsection for "transponders" so I'm posting this here.

It appears from the Garmin 327 installation manual that the antenna connection takes a Garmin-specific connector (I had just assumed it was a standard BNC, and the rear plate needs several small rings and washers etc., none of which I have. I could have had them at some time; or maybe not. But I can't find 'em.

And I also can't find anyone who appears to know where I can find a 327 installation kit without buying a 327, which of course I already bought.

Anyone?

I sent you guys an email this morning. Didn't hear back so figured you didn't have 'em. Now I have nothing to do tonight at the hangar. I'll have to go home, have a bubble bath, and watch Grey's Anatomy. :eek:

Bob, I just bought an installation kit yesterday on E-Bay. Search in motors, aviation parts , avionics, then Garmin. $132.50 plus shipping. Latre, Ken

Bob, I just bought an installation kit yesterday on E-Bay. Search in motors, aviation parts , avionics, then Garmin. $132.50 plus shipping. Latre, Ken

That's a wee bit steep, considering the list price is only $120 for the entire install kit including the tray - and the good dealers would make you a deal on that. Just an FYI...next time get hold of a trusty dealer and you'll save some dough. Ebay isn't always the cheapest way to go...but maybe if people are willing to pay 10% above list price I should start selling there! :)

Also, Bob...send me a PM. I tried to call you today on the cell phone number I had for you and it didn't work. I'll email you tomorrow and get ya all hooked up!

Cheers,
Stein