PIN 37

Well Known Member
I have been looking Spuce and Vans for 3/32 countersunk blind/pulled rivits but without luck, does such a thing exist and if so, from where?:)

In the RV12 kit, Vans supply a 3/32 countersunk rivet used generally for holding nutplates where a squeezer can't reach. The mandrel pulls right out, leaving a hollow rivet. I had problems getting them tight until i used a cherrymax puller on them. Don't have any info on the strength. Haven't got plans handy, but as I recall, they are designated ccr264ss.
hope this helps.
cheers, DaveH

I have been looking Spuce and Vans for 3/32 countersunk blind/pulled rivits but without luck, does such a thing exist and if so, from where?:)

They are referred to as CCC32 on ACS. Pretty sure they have some in longer lengths as well as a BSC version.

Larry

There are no "structural" rated 3/32" blind rivets, however MS20605 series rivets are used for attaching nut plates and secondary structural applications. There is no published data that I can find as far as shear and tension strength for these rivets, but they are plenty strong, especially the CRES steel alloy rivets.

If you decide to go this route you may want to check with the engineers at Vans prior to installing the fasteners.

http://www.everyspec.com/MS-Specs/MS2/MS20000-MS20999/MS20605N_8073/

In the RV12 kit, Vans supply a 3/32 countersunk rivet used generally for holding nutplates where a squeezer can't reach. The mandrel pulls right out, leaving a hollow rivet. I had problems getting them tight until i used a cherrymax puller on them. Don't have any info on the strength. Haven't got plans handy, but as I recall, they are designated ccr264ss.
hope this helps.
cheers, DaveH

They say: CCR264 are only intended to keep the nut plate from turning, not a structural application...and, doesn't matter if it looks a little sloppy, it get covered up by whatever attaches to the nut plate so you can't see it. That's what I've heard said.

OK, I suppose it's just me, but I don't really want to expend all my best efforts and end up with something that looks shabby, and I especially don't want that in a place where I can no longer see it. Ergo, it didn't take long for me to learn to despise those CCR rivets.

One could lay out the $100++ for a Cherrymax puller. That's a lot of loot for a tool that only performs one specialized function. For much less than that, I bought a used C-frame with the rivet set holders. I use it to drive solid rivets in nut plate locations that are accessible with it. It does that as well as all other tasks for which it is designed.

Now, if I could just find a way to use it on nut plates that go into pre-joined panels...

Thanks for the answers guys, the rivits dont need to be structural as they are only holding nut plates, but they do need to be countersunk. Cheers.:)BSC-34 or CCC-32

PS. Are the BSC-34 or CCC-32 countersunk?

Last edited:
There are no "structural" rated 3/32" blind rivets, however MS20605 series rivets are used for attaching nut plates and secondary structural applications. There is no published data that I can find as far as shear and tension strength for these rivets, but they are plenty strong, especially the CRES steel alloy rivets.

If you decide to go this route you may want to check with the engineers at Vans prior to installing the fasteners.

http://www.everyspec.com/MS-Specs/MS2/MS20000-MS20999/MS20605N_8073/

Cross-reference part numbers here, along with some strength data -

http://www.hansonrivet.com/blind-rivets-aluminum-steel.htm