flybill7

Well Known Member
There are a couple of 3/32 holes in my RV-7 SB fuse where I can't get a bucking bar on the rivet. The MK319BS pop-rivets (7/64) hole don't have a long enough shank. I don't see what I'm looking for at Vans store or Spruce. They are all 1/8" like the MSP 42s or 44s. Does a long shank 3/32 or 7/64 even exist? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Bill

I have used Cherry Max CR3214's in a couple places like that. They have an AD3-size head with a 1/8" shank - basically they are structural blind oops rivets. Not cheap but very handy. I got a couple bags of various sizes here:

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com

mcb

Call Rich Industries

Hello

Call Rich Industries. 1-800-240-2777. He has every size of rivet ever made, and his prices are rarely beaten. He is also great to deal with.

That is where I buy my unique sized rivets. I also had a few areas where I could not buck. At the time, I was told that Cherry's were no longer made in 3/32 sizes, just didn't catch on. That may or maynot still be true, but if you are using only one or two in a line of rivets you can do what I did. The reason the 3/32 are not structural is that they are hollow shank. So I cut a piece of the steel pull rod to reinsert into the rivet with a bit of structural epoxy. Put a piece of tape on the bottom of the rivet so the shank or epoxy will not leak out while it cures and walla you have a steel core rivet.