bobnoffs

Well Known Member
in the past few weeks there was a post about the countersunk blind rivets in 3/32 that vans uses for nutplates on the 12 but with a grip of up to .25. the post said acs had them but were out of stock. when i checked acs only carried aluminum rivets in that length.

bottom line does anyone know where i can get the 3/32 rivet like vans supplies but in a longer grip and not aluminum. these are just for nutplates.

as i posted, the grip length is my problem, i can't find any over 1/8''. i need about .180. in stainless.

Don' t need stainless but they are available because most certified applications use stainless.

i am looking for stainless steel because that is what vans uses. and as flimsy as the s.s. 3/32 rivets seem i can only imagine what i would think of aluminum.

Not blind, but I find that the NAS1097AD3 work pretty well for holding nutplates. With the small head, they're easy to countersink in thin metal.

Dave

i am looking for stainless steel because that is what vans uses. and as flimsy as the s.s. 3/32 rivets seem i can only imagine what i would think of aluminum.

Your using them for holding nut plates. How much strength do you need? They only serve to hold the nut plate while you tighten the screw. If installed correctly, all structural load is carried by via tension between the screw and nutplate (torsional load is via properly drilled holes), just like a screw/nut combo. ACS sells a BSC-34 that I have used in addition to the CCC-32.

Larry