Rivethead

Well Known Member
When I started building I knew that as the day of reckoning (first flight) came nearer I would want to drop a few personal pounds. Finishing isn't that far off for me and what with the nice weather and some raft trips in the near future I've decided that now is the time to get my weight down a bit. At my last physical I weighed in at the heaviest I've ever been 202 lbs. Five years ago I used the South Beach diet and was down to 180 for almost a year. I became careless and gained back and added to that a couple of pounds. My new goal is to get myself down to 175 or perhaps a tad lower. So far so good.

Carry on and good luck. Not many of us fit the definition of a "standard person" for aircraft (170 lbs) any more.

greg

Oh, this is too funny... I've been at Standard weight (revised of course to 180 per the FAA) for over a year.... but prior to that I weighed 80 lbs more...

In 4 months, I lost 80lbs... I was averaging 20lbs a month.

No diet, I told myself I was going to eat anything I wanted.

Ok, so how'd I do it... easy, counted calories, learned what just about everything is in calories and I stayed to 1500 a day. I also walked 1.5 miles *every* day for the first 3 months, and then doubled that for the remaining time.

I did have a few potions that I still do today. Anyway, that was a pretty easy way to gain 15 gals more fuel or 80lbs back in useful load.

I've been down to this level now for over a year and I may dabble with 10 more lbs... we'll see... But an airplane - building that is, was similar motivation for me!

Good luck and way to go... Anyone wants the magic combinations, I'm happy to share (I should sell it, I've now shared it with 4 others who lost similar to me on a monthly average that is)...

snip...down to 180 for almost a year. I became careless and gained back and added to that a couple of pounds. My new goal is to get myself down to 175 or perhaps a tad lower. So far so good.

Congrats Jim! Loosing a few lbs is a (somewhat) easy speed mod. Easier than working fiberglass, at least :).

b,
d