Lionclaw

Well Known Member
Has anyone seen anything on the price increase at Vans for 2013? Feb 1 is rolling up fast, and unlike last year, the mothership's facebook page hasn't been warning of an impending increase.

Been wondering about that too. Hydroguy, is that based on an announcement or what has happened the last two years?

Jay

I bought my kit in 2006. And worried about the increase also. If memory serves me correctly...Since that time the increase has been 3-5% every February.

I may be wrong, but this is a good ball park %. Be happy if it's only 2%.

I got a reply from Gus this morning:

We won't be changing most of the kit prices until Mar/April this year, and
probably future years, to get it away from the calendar year end. We won't
know what the new prices wil be until then.

Vans

I visited Van's Mar 22 and was told on Apr 1, 2013 there would be a 3-5% increase and if I wanted to avoid the increase I may want to consider ordering my kit before then. Almost ordered that day, but then realized I may be receiving a sales pitch. Regardless I am ordering my 10 empennage today so I can avoid the price increase and get to work.

Almost ordered that day, but then realized I may be receiving a sales pitch. Regardless I am ordering my 10 empennage today so I can avoid the price increase and get to work.

There's an increase every year so it helps if you can plan your orders appropriately. No hard sell from Vans on this, so you're being pressured at all.

Average yearly price hike

When I called Vans last week to see what I would save by buying before 4/1, I was told "they" wouldn't know pricing until the 1st. She did say however that in her time at Vans the average yearly increase was roughly 3% .