dhall_polo

Well Known Member
Over a year ago, I was starting to see the end in sight and wondered who might "graduate" in 2009 with me. A few people stuck their necks out to predict first flights this past year. Now keep in mind that the end of 2008 was the beginning of the economical nuclear winter, and the late stage builder has to write a ton of checks, doing our part to stir the economy single handedly. I know UPS didn't suffer in this economy on my account.

How'd we do? A few folks closed the deal in 2009, but maybe 2010 will be the year for most others. Goes to show how hard it is to predict the end...

• Chad Jensen - "I *might* be in the air in '09, but I'm not officially predicting that." Almost Chad! I want to see your -9 at Osh next summer! BTW, love those goldens. We have a great 14yr old golden, but it looks our next dog going to be a goldendoodle. Who names these things?
  • Frank Stringham - First Flight in July. Beautiful airplane, Congrats again!
  • RJCthree [Rick] - His leg is in a cast, but he's still working on the project. Great dedication Rick!
  • Mike Seager - Still in final stages on his rv-10. 90% done, 90% to go?
  • AX-O[Axel] - "I bet $50 to my EAA tech advisor that I would be flying my RV4 by Jan 1st 2009. I don't think I am going to make it" You were right. Pay up and get that fastback in the air.
  • cytoxin [William]. Sold project(?), but still active on VAF. What a close family VAF is.
  • rv9aviator, [Jim Wright]. "No predictions, but I want so badly to be..." Now working on wiring and finishing. Keep plugging away! Care to predict that 2010 is your year?
  • Mike Gray - Pursuing a&p now, project on hold. Good luck with both!
  • Carl Nank - Got airworthiness certificate in December 2009, first flight will be in 2010. Congrats Carl!
  • Bugsy, [Paul Gardetto] - Looks like you're working on fwf. 2010 should be a great flying year for you.

Make 2010 your year! Happy holidays and New Year to all!