Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Third QTR (Jul-Sep)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Fourth QTR (Oct-Dec)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gsuit

Well Known Member
Trust me - I know how it is. You walk the thin line between giving a definite date you'll finish and not wanting to commit to a date for fear of it rushing you and causing you angst when you miss it.

But... I couldn't help but notice that every time I reached a certain place in the build, there seemed to be many other's in the same place. And I'm pretty sure I'll finish this year. So, I'd like to get a feel for this from you out there who will hazard a guess in a 330 day window.

Clayton,

I hear your pain but trust me when I say this, even with over 90 hours on my -9 since August, it is still not finished. Even my wife understands it will never be done. That's ok, as she would rather me play with the plane than... Oh, we won't go there.

Paint Shop, GLO

Mine, RV8, is in the paint shop now. GLO. I will consider it done when it is out and it has a few more hours on it.
I put the order in, to beat the price increase, Dec 2005. I have a full time job / business and this was worked on after hours. Now February 2008, I am Real glad to 'call' it finished.
Bill, I know it is never really finished ;) You coming to Sun n Fun?

Sometime this year I hope

Well, the wiring is close to finished and Carey and I started working on the upholstery last weekend. Like everything else for us, it is another learning experience, and I'm sure we'll redo some pieces. I guess it depends on how long the fiberglass / fairings take for us first timers. I also haven't even talked to a DAR or the FAA. The airplane is registered though, and I've had some Tech counsler visits with more to come soon. Matter of fact I'm headed over to see him today and visit his project. I think I'll take my logbook for him to review. It's the little details that make remaining time hard for me to judge. Lot's of control linkages to hook up, tidying up the wiring harnesses, setting control throws, etc. I haven't even had first engine start yet.

I'm hoping for 2nd or 3rd qtr. But don't bet on it... I'm not.