A-V Cup

Randy,

Don't count on reading anything up to date on that website. I think you will hear any news on the AV cup first from the SARL guys.

If you haven't done the race before I highly recomend it. Looks like you have a pretty fast RV, it would be interesting to see how it runs in the race.

Chris Murphy RV-4

Chris, looks like you guys in the RV Red class were all clustered together pretty closely. Looks like fun indeed!

BTW, does anyone know if getting the race listed as a named insured for "air racing" as required effects insurance rates? I would think that would be a red flag for your insurance company.

race insurance

Randy,

Check with your insurance guy. My agent talks directly to EAA insurance department and faxes the info directly to them at no extra cost. I would bet your agent can do the same. If and when they send out the entry package it will have everything you need to get going.

I think we only had 4 RV red planes last year. I think each one was a past winner.

Chris Murphy RV-4

I talked yesterday with the chairman of the race Eric Whyte. He says the race is still on, although they might be looking at a slightly different route this year. Still Dayton-Oshkosh, but with a different turn point.

WRONG!!!!!

The race is on but the start is from Mitchell, South Dakota. The entry forms were made available just this week at the www.airventurecup.com website. Chris Murphy won the RV Red Class and is a long time campaigner in the Air Venture Cup races. One glaring error in the Clecklist which is one of the required entry forms is that it says "... 2007 EAA AirVenture Cup" instead of "... 2008..." in the required statement on the insurance certificate. If your insurer includes the statement as is there are sure to be some problems (I have advised Tammy Thomas in the EAA Risk Management Department by a copy of a message sent elsewhere). The dead line for entry package post marks to Eric Whyte is May 31, 2008. He has shown remarkable flexibility in the past so contact him through the www.airventurecup.com website if you have problems. He is very accommodating. I still have no information on the no penalty fuel stop that was allowed last year for the first time and the website has mildly conflicting information on the possibility.

Bob Axsom