douglassmt

Well Known Member
This low-time RV-4 is for sale by the owner/builder, a two-time RV builder and A&P mechanic. The specifics are listed below. The asking price is $75,000 but you can offer whatever you think it’s worth. This is a very nice RV-4 that has been scrupulously maintained and flown regularly. It is VFR day/night capable. It is ready to fly home with a June 2024 condition inspection.

The airplane is located in Missoula, MT (MSO) and I am helping with the sale. I’ve done this before, and the following approach has worked very well.

We will accept expressions of interest to me by email (bryan at douglassmt dot com) until July 10. If you express interest, you will receive a reply with a link to an online folder with more information: logs, condition inspection reports, more images, and more. If you don't receive a reply, please send me a private message through VAF. We will accept your one-time, best offer until July 30. There will be no bidding war. The owner reserves the right to refuse any offer but plans to sell the airplane for a fair price to a good home. We will be using an escrow service in Oklahoma that I have used before, unless you prefer another that the owner approves. They will handle all the documents and funds. The owner wants to be completely transparent with all potential buyers and will provide a list of the (minor) squawks that he knows about, access to all logs and paperwork, and the opportunity to inspect the plane in person if desired. He wants this to be a pleasant experience for you to buy an airplane you will enjoy as much as he has. The plane will be listed here and on a facebook group or two.

2000 RV-4 – N144LD
VFR Day/Night capable
Serial Number 4080
~500 hrs TTSN
180 hp Lycoming O360-A1A, carbureted
Fixed pitch Sensenich Propeller
(balanced 09/09/19)
No damage history
One builder/owner, A&P mechanic, repeat builder
Always hangered
Condition Inspection completed June 2024
Borescope images available
Sealed-bearing tailwheel
Rear seat has stick, throttle, PTT, no rear rudder pedals
GPS and mount for rear seat
Stock Van’s build
Manual trim
Landing light
Whelen nav/strobe lights
Two, 16-gal fuel tanks
Electric flaps
Handheld radio included
Extra rudder included

Instruments:
Transponder: King Bendix KT76A
Altitude: Encoder Narco AR850 checked 8/24/23
Intercom: Flightcom 403AC
Wing leveler: Digitrak TruTrakDT DSB-B (inoperable)
Engine Monitor: EGT7014C Display replaced, and software updated 3/7/15
ELT: ACK 121.5
Com Radio: Apollo SL40
GPS: Aero 500 GPS
ADS-B: uAvionix SkyFYX and UAT installed May 5, 2020
Misc:
Accelerometer
VSI
Turn Coordinator
RPM
Manifold Pressure
Oil Pressure