sblack

Well Known Member
I started building up my engine on the weekend. The B&C L-40 Alt pulley sits about 3/32" further ahead than the flywheel pulley. I can easily elongate the holes in the bracket to get it back to where it should be, but is that an acceptable practice? Or should I put spacers on the alternator shaft to shift the pulley position? Is this common?

Also, the MA4 carb has 2 lead slugs in the front. One up near the top (as installed) near the butterfly plate and one near the bottom. I need to drill one out to install the carb temp gauge. Which one?

Any help much appreciated as always.

Use the hole near the top of the carb for the air temp probe. 3/32 off in alignment is probably OK. Make sure you check the alignment of the v portion of the pulleys with the flywheel properly installed with the "0" hole on the stepped flange lug and bolted down fast.
Good luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

fly wheel is installed and torqued and the holes are properly aligned. It will only fit with the proper hole alignment right?

Thanks for the answer on the carb.

Scott