Kahuna

Moderatoring
I posted this to their Yahoo group. After sitting for days, and this is not the first time, Im now convinced that it is the wrong place to get questions answered. Will try you all.

I have not been able to get the winds to display on the recent firmware update. Frankly its been some time since Ive had winds. Was on the lite ver. for a year or so. But they used to work OK on my WS versions a while back.
The other weather options work. But no wind barbs. Hitting auto, up or down for the altitudes produces no change in behavior. Also in the old days, hitting up/down gave me altitudes for the winds. I see no change in screen behavior.

Setup shows aviator license (not lite) and other weather functions normally. Can someone check to see if their winds show up.

Next, when selecting to copy flight plan to internal, I get the confirmation
screen, select yes, then go to internal flight plan, and it has not come over
from the external plan. Perhaps Im a dope. I cant get the external flight plan to copy over to the internal one.

Can someone with a working version see if theirs will do it?
Thanks for your help
Best,

Hey Kahuna -

I saw your question over there, but couldn't help on the winds - I am assuming that you're talking about winds aloft from the XM? I don't use the XM on my GRT, doing all that on the 696, so if that's your question, we'll have to see if someone here is using it.

I just checked the flight plan copy, and if I understand you r question correctly, it worked for me...but I have been lazy and am still running the last Beta software - have not upgraded to the latest release version.

Paul

Winds

I have not been able to get the winds to display on the recent firmware update. Frankly its been some time since Ive had winds. Can someone with a working version see if theirs will do it?
Thanks for your help
Best,

If you're talking about the wind arrow with the speed/dir./head wind/crosswind in the lower right screen, mine quit working after the update too. It gave me a head wind any direction I traveled. (Kinda like the old Aeronca Champ I used to own!)

I'm in the process of swinging/recalibrating the remote compass sensor and calibrating the TAS function to see if that works.
Regards.

I don't understand why GRT dosen't open up their own forum.....

My guess is that they realize that it would probably take a full time person to watch it and do it right - and they are pretty small and lean as it is. The Yahoo Group that Lucky started has been pretty useful over the years, but that comes and goes in waves. Carlos (from GRT) occasionally has time to answer questions over there, but I don't think it is in his "habit pattern" to check for questions every day.

That would explain things

My wind indicator has been whacky too ever since I installed version 33.

Hans