LyleM

I should know this but I don't. I mounted the battery and batttery contactor in the back in my -8. I have an AFS 3500 EFIS that has a backup power wire and a 406 ELT that both are suppose to be hocked up direct to the battery. When I connect these 2 ring connectors to the battery side of the contactor plus the battery cable, the stud is too short to show at least one thread. Would it be more correct to crimp the 2 20 GA wires into one connector or connect one of the wires direct to the battery post to allow at least one thread to show?
The EFIS wire has to have a 3 amp fuse. I have a 250 volt 3 amp fuse. Will it still be a 3 amp fuse when hooked into a 12 volt system? Thanks

I would put both wires into one terminal.

...and a 3 amp fuse is a 3 amp fuse.

Voltage rating is a maximum of 250v. An amp is an amp, is an amp.

The fuse doesn't care if it is being pushed by 12 or 120 volts.

Hope this helps!

:) CJ

Certainly 2 wires in one terminal would work fine. Make sure to pull-test the wires since when more than one wire is in a terminal its easier to get a bad crimp. I'm not a big fan of this technique even though it is done all the time.

You could also consider adding a small fuse block for the battery bus and then you would just need to run one wire to the fuse block and then branch the circuits from there. I plan to have one of these fuse blocks in my setup. You never know when you might want another device down the road.