rph142

Well Known Member
While mounting the HS on my fuse today i decided to check the twist in my HS with a digital level. It looks like i have 2.4 degrees twist from tip to tip. The rear spar is perfectly straight. Is this going to cause serious trim problems later on?

When all else fails call Vans.

I am not sure about the tip measurements. When I set mine I put the level on the HS spar then compared to the main fuselage spar. The -8 manual says you are allowed 4 degrees of fuselage twist, so Van surely has an allowable figure for the -3 as well. Fortunately my error is a low 0.1deg.

Last edited:
I called vans and they told me to just leave it alone. The builder support guy told me that many rv's were built before the days of digital levels so mine cant be the only one. My fuse is is right on with no twist so at least i have that going for me. 2.4 degrees of twist works out to about 1/8" of twist per side at the tip. Of course the elevators wont have any twist so the air will be coming off the stab straight. I might dial in 10 degrees differential elevator throw on my 30% RC yak to see what happens.