hughfi

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

I am looking for a good backup EFIS to fit in a 2 1/4 inch hole but can't find one with an internal AHRS like the D10A for example. Does one exist at this size yet? Really don't want to have to go install a seperate AHRS for it so something contained that I just need to hook up to the power would be ideal.

Thanks for any advice. I have a TT Turn and Bank but it pushed out way too much RMI for IFR and interferes with all my nav radios when on.

Thx.

H.

Backup EFIS

How about this:

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/instruments_ADI.htm

2.5?H x 2.5?W x 6.75?D
12-28 volts - Weight - 13 oz

2-1/4? ADI - $1295
Internal GPS option - $150
Backup battery option - $100

TruTrak is hard to beat.

Russ

QUOTE:
I am looking for a good backup EFIS to fit in a 2 1/4 inch hole but can't find one with an internal AHRS like the D10A for example. Does one exist at this size yet? Really don't want to have to go install a seperate AHRS for it so something contained that I just need to hook up to the power would be ideal.

Thanks for any advice. I have a TT Turn and Bank but it pushed out way too much RMI for IFR and interferes with all my nav radios when on.

Thx.

H.[/QUOTE]

The ADI requires Pitot and Static. I don't want to have to do that.

Pitot and static required for the ADI. Otherwise I would, however if their T&B gives out a bunch of RMI, I have to think that the ADI does also.

I want an EFIS. $1250 seems like a lot but maybe.

No RMI with Trutrak ADI

I have a 2.25 Trutrak ADI with the GPS and Backup Battery (which is for sale BTW;)), and have never noticed any sort of radio interference, com or nav.

There may be something wrong with your Turn & Bank if it is interfering with your radios. Are you sure that it is the source.

Hans