1RVWife

I'm New Here
Hello fellow builders,

I am a new user (obviously) and I have recent experience building an RV with my husband. We love our RV and all the possibilities it brings. I'm excited to read about all of you and your experiences! I hope that I can bring a new perspective to the vansairforce.net forum!

Thanks!

RV Wife

Welcome to VAF!

Hi there, and welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Photos would be nice, and tell us about the plane and yourselves.

RVWife...

Welcome aboard the good ship VAF!!

Mike...You beat me to it. By one stinking minute =)

We love our ladies.

I have an awesome RV wife as well...we really do love our RV wives!

A big welcome.:)

Best,

Welcome;
My wife Marilyn drove most of the rivets in my RV-8.
She got her pilot's license at age 55, is a CFII and recently attended Mike Seager's RV transition training. She now flies her own RV-4.
So be careful! You never know how much fun you can have, or how far this RV stuff can take you!

Welcome RV Wife!

I'm very fortunate to have an RV Wife as well. Not to mention the best **** right seat I could ever have.

Wife

My wife hated flying in the old club cessnas. Was very supportive of the build but did not love flying. When the plane was done, she reluctantly went for a few local flights. The new smell (instead of old tired plane smell) and the bubble canopy sold her. She started enjoying it.
Now I cant go anywhere without her. She has insisted on going on all of our cross countries and has enjoyed every minute, the flying the sightseeing the trip planning etc. Those of us that have supportive wives truly are lucky. Makes the flying that much greater....and its a lot more fun having a cute wife beside you than one of your 200lb plus buddies!:p

Enjoy

Proper intro :)

Sorry guys, I am learning the local customs and I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Laura Compton and I am a co-RV builder with my husband Andrew Compton. We built an RV-9a together and now that we have a little boy and a Siberian Husky, we kinda needed, ok... really needed more space so now we are building a 10!!! My avatar is me holding our son on his first trip up in the plane which happened to be the 9's flight #100 :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Laura,

You'll never, ever regret the decision to build the -10. Our love affair with her just grows every time we go somewhere.

Best,

Bob I'll second that,a person doesn't know what he had till its gone. The RV hasn't flown since the co pilot was called home

I was almost absolutely certain Laura was the most awesome wife ever. Now I know, there is no doubt :D

Aww, hubby you are pretty awesome yourself! But you are probably just saying that because I'm taking delivery of our 10 wing kit all by myself today, lol. You have been so supportive with all that has come with my new job in caring for baby and the house that its the least that I could do to help get our next family mover/family adventure plans off the ground, so to speak. Even though the garage/workshop could use some more regular wifey TLC, haha! ;)
I can't wait to take our first trip in this thing!