bird

Well Known Member
Hi there, I understand that the through spar setup is different, I was wondering if anyone knew a little more about using '96yr wings in new fuse. I think the newer spars are thicker or something. Would it be a lot of trouble to adapt these wings to a new fuse? I wonder if van's has a solution, or even if they would be interested to respond.

thanks

bird

This is definitley a question for Van's - just give them a call! Most of them don't bite....;)

pre -1 wings

I am posting this for others who might run into this question. The older pre-1 wings according to vans "should" fit a new fuselage. Understand they can only say it that way because there is no guarantee of other factors. After my research, I beleive these wings will fit; however here is the real factor that I was trying to find out. The pre -1 wings first have a lower gross weight rating, 50lbs less, AND the most important one to me, a builder, is the wing skins are prepunched but the wing ribs and other components are not. So, to build these wings they must be built in a jig and aligment method is a LOT more intensive than the new -1 wing kits. Therefore, the build time and effort is considerably more. The older wings on a newer fuse would also dictate a lower resale value, if the need should arise.

thanks,
bird