yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
N143WM (aka 120241 aka "Little Bird II") is oficially and airplane. She got her pink ticket today. Hopefully she'll be airborne in a few more days.

For those in the Cincinnati FSDO region, Bob Craig made the FAA inspection a very pleasant experience. They did ask that I have a condition inspection done by an AP/AI (catch 22-- I could have done it if I had my LSA repairman's certificate, but I couldn't get the certificate until I had an airworthy ELSA!) but haveing another set of very experienced eyes look at the airplane seemed like a good idea anyway. They did not require the AI to do a compression check since it's a new engine and nobody around here has the proper fittings for a Rotax.

1 year, 1 month, and 10 days from start of construction. Three days a week with a helper about 60% of the time. Having a second person REALLY speed up riveting (more than doubles the work in the same time) and is necessary for some tasks.

Wayne 120241

Congratulations

Hi Wayne, Congratulations, glad everything went your way. Don Lewis Jackson, Ohio

Congrats Wayne!

Just to reiterate- they were incorrect regarding the need for a condition inspection by an A&P. My FSDO said the same thing and after they did a bit of checking, they came back and confirmed what Mel had already indicated here on the forum- that the builder can sign off the first one. Not that it is a bad idea to have someone else look at things (I had EAA tech counselor inspections along the way by an A&P). Just want there to be clarity that there are no regulations that require this.

Jeff

Congratulations Wayne. I've been considering building the rv-12 first and then possibly an rv-8 later, but I'm still in the research/dreaming stage so who knows. I'm 6'5.5" so I'm not sure I would fit in the -12 though.

Congrats again. It must be a great feeling.
Mike