joe1968

Well Known Member
I'm thinking on taking the January class and wondered if anyone has previously attended the course. I am looking forward to attending

Thanks
Joe

I took it several years ago so I could do my inspectioms on a Kolb that I had bought from another builder. I was very good and I learned a lot. Brian Carpenter is a very good instructor. Tou can see a few videos on the EAA site that Brian has done.

Thats something i would possibly be interested in. Sounds like a great idea.
Is there a website for this where i can track down some information like costs and such?

I took the Rainbow 120hr. class in 2011; 3 weeks hands-on training, the ability to do LSA annuals and sign offs, and just talking airplanes for 10hrs. a day. I still use the Carpenters as a resource (mechanical issues as well as FAA regs.) Also, I have good friends I met in that class. Highly recommend.

Great course and great instructors. I took it several years ago to sign off inspections on my CT and to give me confidence doing repairs and routine maintenance. The $4K cost of the course was recovered long ago. well worth the effort and expense. Highly recommended.

I took the course in Oshkosh. They no longer offer it there. I've taken a 2 day course at Corning. Corning is not quite as plush as Oshkosh, but OK.
Carpenters are good teachers and a continual resource.
There was some talk of offering it in two segments for those who can't get away for 3 solid weeks.
I took my plane out - used it as a demo and turned it into a condition inspection. I liked that.
I'd say it is well worth the money.