TShort

Well Known Member
Quick question before I chop this up...

Getting back into the fuse after a few years away. I've looked at the inventory, it looks like there is only one piece of .063 3/4x3/4 angle, the 12' long piece.
I can't think of anything else that might need a piece of angle that long, but before I cut it to make the F-832D I wanted to make sure that's the right source for the material.

Thanks in advance!

Angle

As far as I can see, all I find in my inventory are 3 AA6 0.63 x 3/4 x 3/4 6'.
That's where I cut those seat angles from.
Hope that helps.

Interesting.

I should clarify - older QB fuse kit, non-prepunched, delivered in 2007.

It looks like I should cut it from that; wonder why I have 1 x 12' and you had 3 x 6'

Thanks!

Thomas, I too have an older -8 kit and as I recall, this is the angle to be used for the longeron, the one where you put it in the vise and beat it with a hammer to bend it. If that's the only piece you have that fits the need, I'd use it...you can always get more!

Thomas, I too have an older -8 kit and as I recall, this is the angle to be used for the longeron, the one where you put it in the vise and beat it with a hammer to bend it. If that's the only piece you have that fits the need, I'd use it...you can always get more!

Except my fuse is QB ... the longeron came installed and already beaten into submission!

Mine is a 2004 SB
Mark is right.......you can always get more!

Yeah, but I'd hate to pay for shipping on a single 12' piece of angle ... just trying to avoid cutting it if there is a need for a long piece somewhere.

Thanks for the input. Honestly, I can't think of anything remaining in the build that would require a piece that long. Hopefully I'm correct!

Cut it up, mine came with three NOT counting the longer ones, I still have one and a half left and my airframe is built.

Bird