Gagarin737

Well Known Member
Page 11-06 step 8;

Another question from an newby;
In this step you have to install a bushing. The note above states to deburr only enough to locate the bushing. I also read a tip about using a c-clamp and a socket to get the bushing in.
Do I have to use a round file to enlarge the hole? Or does somebody have some tips for installing the bushings?

Thanks, Joeri.

I would not use a file, it's too imprecise. I used a deburring tool and just barely champered the edge. The bearing was a light press fit, but did not bind. A C clamp will work, a vise is better.

do not enlarge the hole

Do not enlarge the hole with a file. The bushing might fall out. Use a deburring tool or a much larger drill bit turned by hand to very slightly bevel the edge of the hole. More is not better. Sandwich the aluminum part between the bushing and a socket and squeeze in a vise or parallel jaw pliers.
Joe

My bushings slipped right in with a little wiggling. Light pressure in a vise should be enough. Make sure you have them lined up straight. Then make sure you clamp the pieces tight when you go to rivet them.

Thanks for the tips, I will try it again (after priming). The bushings don't slip in, pretty tight fit.

Is there any reason to put the mfr. head of the rivet on the inside of the bracket at page 11-06 step 3?