jbDC9

Well Known Member
Yes indeed, for a brief while anyway... after the TEX '08 fly in today I headed a few miles east to top off at Dallas South Port www.airnav.com/airport/T13; a fairly new and decent grass strip between Ennis and Lancaster with advertised 100LL at $3.65/gal, "Guaranteed". Sure enough, there's a sign by the runway with both 100LL and unleaded mogas prices posted... I was so surprised by the numbers I just had to take a pic. That's Matt & Sandi's RV-9A 523RV rolling out.

txrv24rc5.jpg

The next pic struck me as kinda funny. Four RVs lined up at the pump. Notice a trend here? Four of us too cheap to paint our ships are now lined up for the cheap gas. But really, I'm gonna get my 8 painted someday! So the bad news about the low 100LL price is that we ran the tank dry today... of the 4 RVs at the pump, the first two topped off but the other two were outta luck. Methinks the next tanker load will up the price a bit.

txrv26yu4.jpg

We gotcha beat in central Oregon. We have three airports in a 25 mile radius and all of them have Self Serve 100 LL at about $4.80 / gal. There is no mogas service at any of those airports. There is only one public airport in the whole state of Oregon that has mogas. There is only one mogas pump in a 100+ mile radius of these airports with mogas that doesn't have ethanol in it and he charges $5.00 / gal. It is at the Shell distributor in downtown Bend, OR.

I buy my fuel at KBNL which still has 93UL for $3.20/gal. I'm sure that will take a jump when they get the next load, but for now I'm loving it.