ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
I have a 6A that I did not build. Our buddy three hangar's down is an A&P and has performed a "100hr" as a favor. Since I am flying quite a bit, I have run through 100 hours in less than a year. Can I wait until the one year anniversary of the 100 Hr. and then have a Condition Inspection done?

I have tried researching this on other forums and really can't say I fully understand the difference between the two except when renting or instructing. I do not rent, not for hire, or instruct in this airplane.

You are still required to have the condition inspection as per your limitations. While a typical 100 hour inspection is "usually" equivalent to an Annual inspection on Standard Certificated aircraft, it is not relevant to Experimental aircraft. You might talk to your friend and see if he performed the equivalent of a Condition inpsection and would be willing to make the appropriate entry. Then you would be good for another year.

Vic

As Vic says, normally 100 hr. inspections are not relevant to experimental amateur-built aircraft. The exception would be if the aircraft is used for transition training under a LODA. Otherwise 100 hr. inspection are not required. Read your operating limitations. They are the controlling document for your aircraft and even give the wording required for sign-off.