videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Five and a half years ago, I came to VAF as a newby. Looking back, I decided to take the occasion of my 1000th post to express what VAF (and all the members out there) has done for me.

10. VAF has saved me money. I have found "deals" and learned what not to do.

9. VAF has made me a better builder. So many tips and finding out about so many pitfalls to avoid.

8. VAF has put me in touch with the best (and most honest) vendors. Shared experiences save the problem of finding the right company for the extras.

7. VAF made me a better troubleshooter. I know where to look, and usually who to ask.

6. VAF has made it possible to enjoy the experiences and trips of others. I really enjoy reading about dog rescues and trips to places I have never visited.

5. VAF has made me a better pilot. Again, just reading about flying situations and their outcomes has added to my skill level.

4. VAF has helped me learn more about me. Shared experiences let me better understand my strengths and weaknesses.

3. VAF let me share my knowledge/experience. As I gained more building experience, it is most enjoyable to be able to easily pass it on.

2. VAF helps me appreciate just how blessed we really are. Having the ability and resources to do something as special as building an flying our own planes is an incredible thing.

1. VAF has brought me some of the finest friends a man could have. There are people out there whose faces I couldn't pick out of a police lineup that I feel I know very well. There are others I have met that hold very special places in my heart. I would have never thought this possible when I came here with post #1.

Thanks to all of you, and especially to Doug for building such a great community. I look forward to meeting more of you at Oshkosh. If you have a good #1 thing VAF has done for you, I would enjoy hearing it.

Thanks again,

Bob Kelly

Highlight of my day reading this.
Thank you very much Bob, and the feeling is mutual.

Kindest,
Doug

Good Post

Reminded me to send in my Annual DR Appreciation Fee!
You all should do the same.

Good job!

Bob, what a great post! Thanks for taking the time to express what so many of us feel but haven't taken the time to put into words. You have captured the essence of being in this VAF community Doug has built.

May you have thousands of more posts!

Reminded me to send in my Annual DR Appreciation Fee!
You all should do the same.
Exactly the same thought here. I have let my payment lapse this past year. In the past year I have been installing all the major components of my airplane and have become so engrossed in the seemingly endless tasks to do that I have lapsed on sending in my appreciation to Doug for supplying me with access to those items listed by Bob above. I absolutely know I could not have completed this airplane without being able to come to this site and glean expertise from all of you. Thank you Doug and thank all of you for posting your inspiration, advice, opinions, insight and support to all of us.

Doug, I am sending in my subscription right now. My apologies for letting it lapse for so long. It is long past due and I am sad to say I have taken advantage of the benefits of this site for much too long without making payment for the great service you are providing me.

Kudos ....

Kudos to Bob for his great post, and even more kudos to Doug for the "extended family" (VERY extended :eek:) he has created. VAF and RVing has become such an integral feature in my life, I truly can't imagine being without it.

Yep, Doug has created a great thing here. VAF is the best Experimental aircraft forum on the web IMO and I belong to a lot.

Great post and we can all identify with your top 10 list.:)