Bubblehead

Well Known Member
It was a great day for me in Texas Saturday. Beautiful blue Texas skies were calling, and I flew about 4.5 hours over West Texas and New Mexico. Stopped for gas at Lubbock Executive Airport and met some nice people including a Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering student working as a line boy. It was a great day for many reasons but most of all I had no where to be and no time to be there. I flew the direction I wanted, at the altitude I wanted (consistent with FARs of course) and took extra time circling anything interesting.

After flying back to Fort Worth I caught my logbook up. Here are the totals. Not bad for a guy who never flew for pay.

My RV-8 passed 1000 flying hours on Saturday. I am the 4th owner but I now have 700 hours in the plane, 1600 total hours, 900 tail wheel hours, and over 1200 cross country hours since starting training in Galesburg, IL in 1985.

There were a couple of periods since 1985 when I could not fly due to lack of funds or because there was just too much going on in my life, but there has never been a day in my life where I did not love airplanes and dream of flying.

Quite a day, which was beautifully capped off by a Cubs playoff win! Close enough to perfect for me.

20161008_114303-M.jpg

Congrats on 1000!

With 1000 hours, you get a prop badge at OshKosh.
I'm working on mine for next year. I'm at 932 now.

Of course, they need to create a new badge for Turbo as they don't have a 5000 hour badge yet. :)

Last edited:
Very cool

Just passed 2,500 myself and self funded...only 130 in RV8 however, rest in variety of aircraft. 670 on floats.

It was a great day for many reasons but most of all I had no where to be and no time to be there. I flew the direction I wanted, at the altitude I wanted (consistent with FARs of course) and took extra time circling anything interesting.

The best kind of flying there is!

When I went to Oshkosh this year the plane was at about 980. I wanted the 1000 hour prop badge so bad but just could not fit in enough flying before arrival.

Colojo - Amen to that!

Mikey - lets do some trips together. We might come up to Petite Jean this weekend if I finish up a little maintenance Friday night.

Roadrunner - good job. See you there.

Berchmans - floats - very cool. Gotta do that someday.