N24YW

Well Known Member
I filled up yesterday and didnt fly off any fuel out of the tanks. Well today when I went to the hanger it looked like about a table spoon of fuel had leaked out around the fill cap. Well it left a blue stain on my white paint. The paint is Nason FulThane (Same as Late 80's formulation of Imron) I tried simple green didnt do any thing. If any one has any suggestion on how to make it go away let me know.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa RV-6 Red and white paint with Blue Stains

Update
I tried some 100ll but it doesnt seem to do much. I will try to contact the paint company and see if they have any ideas. Thankyou guys for the ideas. If I find a solution I will let everyone know.

Last edited:
Time

N24YW said:
I filled up yesterday and didnt fly off any fuel out of the tanks. Well today when I went to the hanger it looked like about a table spoon of fuel had leaked out around the fill cap. Well it left a blue stain on my white paint. The paint is Nason FulThane (Same as Late 80's formulation of Imron) I tried simple green didnt do any thing. If any one has any suggestion on how to make it go away let me know.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa RV-6 Red and white paint with Blue Stains

I had the same problem several years ago with my RV and I found nothing that worked other than time. My fuel stains finally disappeared after about a year and a half. Maybe someone else on here might have a better idea. Good luck. :cool:

and if the 100 LL doesn't take it off, then use lacquer thinner. If the paint is similar to Imron, laquer thinner will not de gloss it. Try a small area on the bottom of the plane first just to be sure.

steve ciha

Keep using the 100LL. We have a VERY white (and red) RV and at times we get fuel stains from the tanks being overfilled. If you get it soon enough it comes right off. If not it take a few days. be very liberal with the usage of the 100LL. I typically **pour** some on and wipe it off 2-3 times and come back later to do it agin if that did not do it.

Patience ...

James