N941WR

Legacy Member
When building my first panel, I spent a lot of time working things out so as to make future maintenance easier.

When I installed the Dynon SkyView a few years back, I found retrofitting items when working upside-down was a challenge.

Now I finally opened my wallet and bought the Dynon ADS-B module because I realized that the payback wasn't that long because I will be able to drop my $56/mth XM subscription.

The issue was were to put the ADS-B box. Mounting the box on the inside of the relocated left panel support rib would be ideal. However, when I installed the SkyView backup battery, I put it right next to that rib, in the exact location where the ADS-B DB9 connecter would go.

After a little thinking, I came up with this creative solution:
20140610_124530.jpg

A thicker plate, under the box, is require because the ADS-B sticks out below the rib and the bracket that holds the battery was made from an old tank skin I had laying around. (Don't even think about asking!) Just remember, plate nuts and cap screws are your friend! They are much easier to remove than pan head screws when working in limited spaces.

Now I can bolt the entire thing to the rib and wire it up.

Nice Bill!

A comment regarding ditching the Phillips Screws, I found these on Spruce and have them all over my chariot now in place of the #8 Phillips. A power screwdriver with a socket make these a pleasure.

Nas1801 hex heads

NAS1801.jpg