Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys..

Just curious.. Two friends of mine recently bought into an RV4 and are looking for some time in type for insurance, and it appears RV6 time is just as good as 4 time to their insurance company..

I am a CFII and they wanted to know if I could give them the time.. I have no issues helping them get their time.. Both are tail wheel endorsed and just need some time in an RV, so I would not be signing them off for their tail wheel, I would just be certifying that they did indeed have the time needed per their policy..

My question is this.. Would this be considered "instruction?" Our insurance policy is not setup for instruction in the aircraft and I do not wish to do anything to jeopardize our insurance carrying abilities, however I do wish to help my buds..

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Jeff

Probably depends on the insurance co.

I don't think it is "necessarily" considered instruction unless it is signed off in the logbook that way. The reason I say this is several insurance companies have allowed me to fly with their clients to satisfy the time requirements and I am not a CFI.

Last edited:
Yep....

....it is if you sign their logbooks and charge for the dual.

However, I have a buddy with a -4 who's a student pilot and he put me on his policy for no extra cost, something they should consider. You could also introduce them to some basic acro if you have that experience.

Regards,

Thanks for the replies guys..

I am not so much worried about their insurance company as I am ours.. I guess the best thing to do would be to call our insurance company and speak with them on the subject.. :)

Jeff