gpiney

Well Known Member
Last night I finished the Forward fuselage subsection, the one with landing gear boxes. I was reading ahead on the next section and read where you attach the firewall assembly to the subsection. You are to use tank sealant on the seam to prevent oil from seeping in, then rivet it. Is there a substitute for tank sealant, like a high temp RTV I could use instead?

Thanks in Advance

RE:Sealent??

Last night I finished the Forward fuselage subsection, the one with landing gear boxes. I was reading ahead on the next section and read where you attach the firewall assembly to the subsection. You are to use tank sealant on the seam to prevent oil from seeping in, then rivet it. Is there a substitute for tank sealant, like a high temp RTV I could use instead?

Thanks in Advance

Greg I did use the proseal as the plans suggest. My reason was pretty simple. I had some left over from my tank build. I just today riveted the side hinges for the cowl to the fire wall today and noted how great the proseal has done. It really glued the fwd fuse flange to the flange of the firewall.

Now to your ? I can't think of a reason why high temp Red RVT wouldn't be a good sealent choice. I used it to seal the F-601K and heat box to the fire wall.

Frank @ SGU RV7A FWF anad last 120% to go.

I will be doing this next week so I am interested in how this one comes out. I don't have any proseal, but RTV is waiting on the shelf.

I will probably go and pick up a tube of Red RTV. I haven't even pulled the parts for the next section. Since I skipped building the wings, I don't have any ProSeal to work with. I plan on getting QB wings when the time comes. I have worked with ProSeal before and really can't stand the stuff.

I will probably go and pick up a tube of Red RTV. I haven't even pulled the parts for the next section. Since I skipped building the wings, I don't have any ProSeal to work with. I plan on getting QB wings when the time comes. I have worked with ProSeal before and really can't stand the stuff.

I skipped building the wings as well and went straight to a slow build fuse. I figure the wings are probably going to be one of those things to buy towards the end, save some garage space. RTV it is!!!!!