scottw

I have a huge issue with my wing fitment, the distance between the main and rear spars is 1/8" larger on the wing than the receivers in the fuse. that is the left wing, the right is more like a 1/16". This is just from measurements, do you think I can force it to fit or how would you all attempt to fix this, my initial thought was to lop off the W-407B tang and install another W-407D on top of the existing one which would give me the 1/8" I need. obviously will check in with Vans but was looking for anyone else with this issue and how they would fix.

It is very hard to end up with this kind of discrepancy. Try and refit the wings again, making sure you have them exactly perpendicular to the centerline of the fuselage.

I had a similar "problem" the first time I tried to fit my wings. Wouldn't fit at all. Sent my helper home for the evening and moped around for a day. Thought about it for a bit, invited the helper back over the next night, paid more attention to the alignment, and they slid right in.