Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
Hey guys, anyone know if/where a guy can buy some .040 sheet without having to buy a full sheet? I'd like a piece somewhere around 1' X 10'. It would stink to have to buy a 4' X 12' sheet just for that much. I have called a few place around here, and they all sell full sheets, and don't sell any drop.

Ideas?

Gregg

I bought some from a local FAA repair station here in Cincy. It was on a large roll. He just cut off as much as I needed.

Matt, I have checked with airparts. I am going to see them next week to get extrusion angle for fuse longerons. Problem is, with the sheet, they sell it by the linear foot. I can get 10' long, but they make me get 4' wide. I talked to them again this morning to verify.

I will check with vans.

I wish I could be lucky enough that someone close by had a half sheet or so that they didn't need, and could part with for a fair price....:rolleyes: wishful thinking. :)

I wish I could be lucky enough that someone close by had a half sheet or so that they didn't need, and could part with for a fair price....:rolleyes: wishful thinking. :)

I'd offer to help, and I'm sure I have that much to give you, but it's all in little pieces in my scrap box. :rolleyes:

mcb

Aircraft Spruce

ACS will sell you various sheet sizes - I've ordered aluminum sheet from them many times.