Yes

does anyone know what to torque the clyiners to on a 0320-e2d 150 hp engine.

thank you
danny

Danny,

The information below is taken from the Lycoming table of limits publication #SSP1776 page 1-35.

1/2" cylinder hold down nuts - 600 in lbs.
3/8" cylinder hold down nuts - 300 in lbs

Mark

Last edited:
Get the Lycoming literature on hand and use it. If you're torquing cylinder base fasteners, you need to use and have the info.

We live by (and are regulated according to) the reputation created by homebuilt aviators. Let's not give the feds any reason to push their noses farther into our world by creating situations that give them "justification" for more regulation. I.e., don't be torquing critical engine fasteners based only on info gathered from an aviation discussion board alone. Get the literature.

Nothing personal, Mark. Just making a point about using and obtaining critical information.

Good luck with your work Danny.

Cylinder torques

Let's not forget the sequence to torque each nut on the cylinder base, it too is critical.

good points

Get the Lycoming literature on hand and use it. If you're torquing cylinder base fasteners, you need to use and have the info.

We live by (and are regulated according to) the reputation created by homebuilt aviators. Let's not give the feds any reason to push their noses farther into our world by creating situations that give them "justification" for more regulation. I.e., don't be torquing critical engine fasteners based only on info gathered from an aviation discussion board alone. Get the literature.

Nothing personal, Mark. Just making a point about using and obtaining critical information.

Good luck with your work Danny.

Low Pass and Aden,
Very good points.

I sent Danny (last night) via personal email, links to .pdf's on the net of the overhaul manual, table of limits and parts catalog for his engine.

I didn't post those links here as I was afraid it could overload the server and cause the owner to remove the files.

Mark

clyinders

thanks everyone for the responce. my a&p asked me to find out because his books were just stolen, however my other rv-4 friend had all the manuals so we could do the job. we do pretty much by the book out here in ny. don't need to give the faa ammo to fire at us.

thanks again

dan carley
RV-4
N14FT