boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
My 0.5mm allen wrench has disappeared. Dang! Anyone have source for those little devils?

Regards,
Ken

I got this: Wiha 35393 5 Piece Mini L-Key Short Hex SAE Set on AMAZON. As I recall the throttle cable idle limit hex screw is 0.050 inches.

Last edited:
.050 inch is 1.25mm, which is a fairly common size. Think little electronic stuff.
A .5 mm would be .020". Wouldn't want to be very tight:D
Cheers
DaveH

I replaced the allen screws with Philips head screws, I couldn't get them tight, my allen wrench would round them out...take the stop fitting to a hardware store and find a suitable screw that fits, should be no problem, I went to a True Value store.

I replaced the allen screws with Philips head screws, I couldn't get them tight, my allen wrench would round them out...take the stop fitting to a hardware store and find a suitable screw that fits, should be no problem, I went to a True Value store.

Not trying to start a war here but you must have been using a standard Allen wrench in a metric Allen screw if a Phillips head worked better for you.
A properly sized wrench should stay in a socket all by it's self upside down and not fall out of the socket.

I was using a .050 allen per Vans M/M...could be the metric version would fit better but I do like the screws.