Trevor778

Well Known Member
Just curious if anyone is flying behind the new Aerosport power 0-340? Any reviews? I'm still a little while from needing an engine, but with the strength of the Canadian dollar right now saving a grand sounds good to me.

To the best of my knowledge, the only company making O-340 parts is ECi. If Aerosport Power is assembling an O-340, it will be with ECi parts.

Opinion alert: Most will know what I am going to write.

Why would you consider an O-340 in an RV7? It costs slightly more than an O-360 and you get less horsepower. You may also be dealing with unique parts.

Has anyone read this from me: O-360 MINIMUM. If you want to look at something other than an O-360, check into the O-375. I don't know much about it but it does have more horsepower at a small increase in price.

Why not an 0-340? Aerosport quotes 175 horse running high octane auto gas and 185 on 100ll at the same price ($300 more) as an 0-360. So from what I can gather it's lighter weight, has the option of running a cheaper fuel (not saying I will, just nice to have the option), turns similar power, and I can tell people Im running a stroker, which just adds to the cool factor. And yes, it is made from eci parts.

I'm well aware that the 360 is a great engine. Im currently flying behind a 200hp version in a cardinal rg and couldn't be happier. Just looking at everything that's available.