Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
I can't quite get a feel for how large the "keep-out zone" is for the Skybolt camlocs for the cowling, along the firewall, near the motor mounts. It looks to me like you should be able to get pretty near to them, but I don't want to find out too late that I've cut it too close :(.

Anyone have some suggestions on how far to keep the receptacles from the motor mount (at the corners)?

(I'm trying to figure out spacing and it'd be a piece of cake if it weren't for that little constraint LOL!).

This is for a 7A...

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
Interferrence

Change the Spacing a wee bit? Shouldn't be a problem with 1/16" clearance. I think mine were closer than that. 700 hours and counting, no problems yet.

Steve Barnes "The Builders Coach"

Yeah, I can manipulate it a touch...I'm trying to get *perfectly* spaced fasteners all up the sides and across the top, and I think I have an overdetermined problem (trying to a) avoid the KOZs around the mounts, and b) maintain the same spacing across the split line of the cowling).

b) may have to give way and I'll just end up with the fasteners closer to each other across that split line.