What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight

burtj

https://plus.google.com/photos/115539260677550528457/albums/5859348873852089921?banner=pwa
First flight of my -7 was last Saturday after five+ years of work (and a cross country move, a house fire, and a few months off for shoulder surgery). This site has been an invaluable asset, and I visit here most every day. I haven't posted much as most of my questions have been asked before and the talent and expertise found here is beyond belief.
The plane flew fast and straight, has all the usual toys, and is a testament to the Van's team that they can put out a kit that an average joe can have such great success with.

Congratulations!!

Congrats on the new fledgling:D

Borrowed one of your photos, below.

IMG_0340_1.jpg

Bert, it looks like you had a pretty nice day. The look of content is all over your face! Nice work and have a great time flying your new plane.

Nice Album

Congratulations!

I particularly enjoyed your album of build pictures. I've only been through the first bit, but it looks like your kids have been involved from the very start.

Wonderful!

Excellent!
Enjoy the journey you have started!

And use Phase 1 for what it is designed to do!

Way to go Burt! Look me up if you're ever in Cincinnati again, or maybe at OSH or Sun n Fun.
Best regards,

Thanks to all for the kind words. And Jon, the youngest and I are planning on going to Oshkosh, although I just found out I may have a training conflict as I just got a 747-400 bid. Plus, now that you're a big shot airshow pilot and not a freight dog, I'd probably never get past your security detail to see you :D

Congrats on the RV and the 400 bid!

Thanks to all for the kind words. And Jon, the youngest and I are planning on going to Oshkosh, although I just found out I may have a training conflict as I just got a 747-400 bid. Plus, now that you're a big shot airshow pilot and not a freight dog, I'd probably never get past your security detail to see you :D

Yo Burt,

Congrats all the way around!

I just got done flying a looong four day trip with Burt. I picked up the trip to pad my monthly paycheck.
Little did I know that the pad on the paycheck would turn out to be a $80,000 cost, as Burt got me pumped up on building my own RV-7!

Vans Airforce ------ new member
RV-7 plans -------- in the mail
Tools--------------- my head is swimming

Anyway, congrats again Burt and thanks for getting me started on this journey.

- Mark

Congrats on a job well done Burt. Even though your are pushing big tin I'll bet you will enjoy your -7 more. Most ATP's admit to it :D

Nice paint also.

Thanks Gary. I plagarized the paint job from one I liked on this site somewhere... Was up on the third flight today, and you're right: big iron's got nothin on this. Plus, the captain was awesome!

Back