What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It has begun

P51Matt

My dad has just ordered an RV-10QB kit and should be here in 10 days. He does not have an account on here so i will be asking the questions and documenting the build for him. I am looking forward to building with my dad and getting the support from this community. For a little back ground he is a retired mechanical engineer, and I am going to college for mechanical engineering. I will go ahead and say thanks for all the input that will be received.

Last edited:
Matt, I have a flying RV-10 that I completed back in 2006, if you have any questions I'm located at K34 n Gardner, KS which isn't far from Lee Summit.

Thanks

Ray Doerr
N519RV (40250)
910 Hrs on the Hobbs.

Congratulations, Matt. You and your dad will make memories that each of you will remember for the rest of your lives. :)

My dad has just ordered an RV-10QB kit and should be here in 10 days. He does not have an account on here so i will be asking the questions and documenting it. for him. I am looking forward to building with and getting the support from this community. For a little back ground he is a retired mechanical engineer, and i am goint to college for mechanical engineering. I will go ahead and say thanks forall teh input that will be received.

Heh Heh....you already type like an engineer!!;)

Matt, I have a flying RV-10 that I completed back in 2006, if you have any questions I'm located at K34 n Gardner, KS which isn't far from Lee Summit.

Thanks for the heads up on your location. Im sure we will have lots of questions. We are building the plane at our hanger at the Grain Valley airport (GV3).

Welcome

Welcome Matt. I started the -10QB 3 years ago and I'm still having fun. I started with a sheet metal course taken with my father. We've spent hours together in the build and it's been nice to share the memories. Great plans, great kit, and great community on VAF to help. I figure I have ~1 year left and I hope to report my first flight before 2014.

Enjoy the journey and again, welcome to you and your father.
David

Welcome to "Our" World!!

Welcome to "Our World!!

This is the very best place to post questions and share posts, including helpful and "keen" ideas!

I too have built a Rv10, located in the Air Capital City of Wichita, hanger at KEGT and can assist if needed. This is my second project, an Rv7a was first back in 2007, sold after 690 wonderful hours.

Kenny Gene
Wichita, KS area

Welcome Matt. There are several RV-10s within a relative short distance of you. I see that Ray has already posted. There are a few in the Omaha area (under construction) and a friend of mine that lives in Ames, IA has a flying -10 and he's down to Lee's Summit on a fairly regular basis. PM or email me offline and I can put you in contact.

Bob

bcondrey - I beleave we have met your friend already. If I recall his last name is Moses and he has a house down here.

Back