What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rocky Mountain Formation Flyers

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
Announcing the creation of a new RV formation flying organization based in Colorado with members from throughout the Rocky Mountain area…… the ROCKY MOUNTAIN FORMATION FLYERS. Their express purpose is to promote disciplined formation training and checking for RV pilots who want to learn the art of formation flying, or to refine their skills. If you’ve ever flown an RV you’ve already experienced “the RV grin”. Imagine what it’s like to share that with fellow enthusiasts…… airborne......in close formation! More and more pilots in the Denver area have expressed an interest in learning how to safely acquire formation flying skills. As a result, members of the Rocky Mountain Renegades Formation Team have banded together to create this new organization.

http://www.rmrairshows.com/Formation_Flying.html

I'm in!

I'm in. Or at least I will be once my airplane is capable of sustained flight....

David

Need a bomber?

Does that mean that when my 10 is done, I could be part of a simulated bomber formation, with you guys as my "friendlies?" I won't have any gun turrets, but perhaps I could stick on a few cut-to-size "pool noodles", painted black, to complete the effect! :D :D

That is an impressive web site. I wish our flight lead would build us a really nice site like that:D
Shadey, get on it!

That is an impressive web site. I wish our flight lead would build us a really nice site like that:D
Shadey, get on it!

JJ,
Gringo and crew have more talent in their little finger than most groups have in total. Notice in their bios that ALL of them are professional pilots with military or "B7xx" time. The mark of a truely professional formation team. These guys are goooood! I've personally had the opportunity to fly with Gringo and Cobra and learned a lot from them, and look forward to meeting more from this group in the future.

As far as putting together an equally impressive website, I think we should just focus on improving our flying. Once we can bring equal talent to the table we'll worry about a web presence... BTW, isn't it time for you to step up to a Lead Card? (hint hint) ;)

Back