- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 PM

Default Finally brought the 7A home

Glad to say I finally got the 7A home. I picked it up several weeks ago, but immediately dropped it off next door to have some landing/taxi lights installed.

The trip began with a very early road trip down to Florida in the rental. Looks like a great day for flying:

Got dropped off at the airport. After a little wait, the plane was finished up and waiting to depart:

I'm pretty sure I had enough GPSs/moving maps! Even so, I still used the iPad due to my comfort level and familiarity with the software. I have to use all the others a while before the button pushing becomes second nature - even though reading the Skyview, iFly, and 496 manuals, and using the 430 simulator helped a lot:

Doesn't get much clearer:

A little under 2 hours later and the maiden voyage is history. Can't wait to learn the airplane and build my proficiency in it:

Build: http://hhav8or.blogspot.com/
Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Congrats

Jon,
Congratulations, beautiful airplane! You are going to have a blast flying her

I did similar 11 weeks ago travelling from Phoenix to Columbus Georgia to pickup my magic carpet -7A and fly back to Phoenix (12.5hrs). One of my first priorities was to add lights as well, LED Landing/Taxi and position lights but I've been having too much fun flying to have it out of commission to install; love the idea of having lights to extend utility though.

I now have two awesome ladies in my life: it was my wife's idea to buy the airplane and she just sprung for pair of Bose A20s... how does it get any better??
Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Default Congratulations

Jon,
Congratulations, I have ridden in the RV7A before when visiting in H.W. FL. It?s a great RV7A and fast. Enjoy your new ride. Also thanks for your Service to our great Country...
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Beautiful bird!!

Track my RV7A!!

Bought my flying -7A
Building an -8! (Fuse)
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Default Chocking

FWIW, Chocking a castering nose wheel is not a good thing, sure way to break the stops. Better to chock the two mains. Have a great time in your new "7" and be safe.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
FWIW, Chocking a castering nose wheel is not a good thing, sure way to break the stops. Better to chock the two mains. Have a great time in your new "7" and be safe.
That's a new one on me, but I appreciate the info - please explain more. The PVC has very little friction against the ground and doesn't prevent side to side movement - only fore/aft rolling.

Build: http://hhav8or.blogspot.com/